The state gave Lee and Charlotte counties the OK on Wednesday to resume vacation rentals.
The executive order signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis set minimum standards for vacation rentals in Lee County:
- Should open and operate for in-state reservations only for 30 days and make reservations for Florida residents only from May 20 until June 18, 2020.
- Based on other county’s submitted plans, Lee County intends to seek clarification on the residency requirement.
- Should prohibit rentals to persons traveling internationally or from a state or locality with a substantial community spread of COVID-19.
- Shall allow adequate time between the conclusion of a guest stay and the check-in of the next guest stay for appropriate cleaning and sanitation.
- Shall clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces in the property between each guest stay.
- Shall wash all linens, dishware and other service items available for use by guests between each guest rental.
- Shall provide sufficient soap and surface sanitation supplies for guests to use in the vacation rental property during the guest’s rental period.
- Shall ensure adequate safety protocols are in place and publicly displayed in line with Centers for Disease Control guidance regarding shared or multi-residence amenities such as pools, gyms and other communal spaces.
- Shall follow CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting their facility, per the CDC site www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility.html
Lee County commissioners approved the measures at their meeting on Tuesday.
In Charlotte County, the guidelines are as follows:
- Vacation rentals reservations and stays will be allowed from all U.S. states with COVID-19 case rate less than 700 cases/100,000 residents;
- Reservations from areas identified by Florida’s governor as COVID-19 hot spots through executive orders are to be avoided for the next 45 days;
- Reservations from international travelers will not be accepted.
For a complete overview of what Charlotte County’s safety plan to reopen short-term vacation rentals entails, visit https://www.pureflorida.com/industry/covid-19-tourism-small-business-industry-resources/vacation-rentals/.